Ask us about special events like birthday parties and group gatherings!!
The first movie starts at dusk. The second movie will begin soon after the first movie ends. The Box Office opens at 6:30.
Admission is only $6.00 for children age 5 through 11, and for 'older children' aged 60 and over. Adults aged 12 through 59 years of age pay $8.00. There is no charge for children aged 3 and under. Yes, we do take credit and debit cards for payment. In appreciation of the service to our country by our military, Roys is proud to offer a discount to active duty, guard and retired military. The discount is the same price as childrens admission
Since many of us have not been to a drive in movie in decades, there is one noticeable change you should be aware of:
There are no speakers hanging on the posts where you park. You hear the movie by tuning in your radio to an FM radio station. The radio frequency will be given to you at the ticket booth. You will want to put your key in the 'accessory' position to avoid draining your battery. But if you should experience a dead battery, we will be glad to give you a 'jump' at no charge.
To answer some frequently asked questions:
1) Yes, we do take credit and debit cards for payment.
2) Yes, you can park backwards in your parking slot with your pickup truck or SUV.
3) Yes, you can bring folding chairs and sit outside or in the bed of your pickup and enjoy the movie under the stars! If the weather is cool, feel free to bring blankets.
4) Yes, you do get to stay for both movies if you like. This is known as a 'double feature'.
5) No, we are sorry but the movie industry does not allow us to let you watch the first movie on one screen, then switch to the other screen. Unless you pay a separate admission for the second movie.
Did you Know? ......
Roys Black Hills Twin Drive-In is the first ALL-DIGITAL drive-in in America?
Also, Roys has the largest drive-in screens in America....80 feet wide!!
We have a fully stocked concession stand with soda, candy and popcorn, as you'd expect. But we also have home made pizza and sandwiches, chips and cheeze and other treats !
Buy the medium or large bucket of popcorn and get your refills for half price all season!
Friday September 27 and Saturday, September 28
FROM RAPID CITY: Travel south on Hwy 79 for 14 miles past the Catron overpass. Approaching Hermosa, turn right immediately past the Real Estate office (before the Flying J Truck Stop). Follow the sign downhill to the drive in.
FROM POINTS SOUTH: Travel north on Hwy 79 to Hermosa. Pass the Flying J Truck Stop and turn left just before the Real Estate office. Follow the sign down hill to the drive in.
Located at 810 TENAYA ST, HERMOSA, SD 57744 PHONE: (605) 255-5333